Application & Support Engineer
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Edinburgh, Scotland, and gene therapy manufacturing in San Sebastian, Spain.
We are excited for our next Application & Support Engineer to join the AskBio team!
About the role
Responsible for managing application configuration requests and internal and external user system support. Duties include managing support and configuration of all systems including clinical systems, vendor management, account management, hardware setup and installation, hardware and software inventories and maintenance of PC and operating systems and training.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Handles on-call responsibilities for production systems, requiring a working knowledge of hardware, operating systems and shrink-wrap applications
- Installs and maintains PC hardware and software to ensure the use of standard configurations
- Conducts repairs or coordinates with vendors, if necessary
- Maintains equipment and software inventories
- Develops and maintains knowledge base information
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions for problem reports
- Provides guidance and mentoring in technical expertise
- Researches, analyzes and implements patches and upgrades to fix operation systems problems or vulnerabilities
- Evaluates new products and services
- Responsible for setting up new hires and provides onboard training for new employees
- Responsible for closing out exiting employees
- Maintains and troubleshoots user accounts
- Participates in the development and implementation of procedures to minimize service outages and ensure appropriate communication to the end users
- Works to constantly improve customer service
- Provide group training for employees on new applications and features
- Plan, manage and implement configuration requests for all 3rd party clinical systems
- Coordinate with teams and vendors to resolve complex application and system issues
- Administer and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis
- Develop, sustain and evaluate delegated business processes and related applications
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as in a collaborative/group environment
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Good judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures
- Experience with the administration of clinical systems
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems or related. At least five years’ experience in systems or IT support may be considered equivalent
- Five or more years of IT experience is required for a Level II support engineer position
- Demonstrated ability to work with different personalities and styles efficiently and prioritize activities based on ambiguous or quickly changing information and environments is critical
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people internally and externally is required
- Must be able to hear, see and speak
- Dexterity to manage presentations, work with equipment in demonstrations or advisement and to handle daily office equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?