Associate Director, Program Manager
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
We are excited about our next Associate Director, Program Manager to join the AskBio team!
The Associate Director, Program Management will:
- Create and maintain the overall development plans and timelines for the drug development programs assigned.
- Partner with Program Lead to provide leadership, direction, and execution of all Program Management procedures and activities from pre-clinical through product launch.
- Provide operational management to the program team, including facilitating issue identification and resolution, problem-solving, and contingency planning.
- Define the program’s scope and objectives, and effectively coordinate the activities of the cross-functional team to meet the objectives.
- Collaborate with the program team to develop and communicate program updates to key stakeholders and leadership team.
Operations Management and Leadership
- Co-lead cross-functional activities and communications involving team members to ensure deliverables related to the program are on track.
- Identify issues and develop appropriate risk mitigation plans. Update key stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner of program status, key achievements, risks/mitigation, scope deviations.
Program Timeline, Resource, and Cost Management
- Ensure alignment with cross-functional leaders to allocate appropriate resources in support of program timelines and objectives.
- Work with the program team to develop and maintain an integrated program development plan that accurately captures timelines, resource plans, risk mitigation strategies, regulatory plans, and budget.
Program Information/Communication Management
- Work with Program lead and corporate communications to develop and execute a publication and communication plan.
- Ensure program documentation is updated and easily accessible to all the program team and leadership.
- Ensure timely documentation of team meetings, key decisions, and action items with clear communication to matrixed teams on expectations.
Required Education & Experience
- B.S./M.S in a related field.
- 5-10 years minimum pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience with minimum of 3-5 years of in program management, late development PM experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- CNS experience.
- Excellent program management skills including budget and resource management.
- Ability to manage programs and work with team members in a matrixed environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Proficiency in PM tools (Microsoft Project, Excel, or any other program planning tool).