Associate Director, Supply Chain
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for an Associate Director, Supply Chain to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success! The Associate Director, Supply Chain will assist in the management of capital projects and day-to-day operation of AskBio facilities.
Strategy and Direction:
- Help shape the AskBio global supply chain strategy and RTP site strategy based on emerging trends and business needs.
- Continually refresh the RTP Supply Chain functional strategy to align with broader business strategy.
- Develop goals and objectives that align with the broader network and site strategies.
- Establish clear priorities for the organization, allocate resources, track progress toward achievement of goals, and adjust.
- Build Supply Chain controlled processes, procedures, and systems in full compliance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensure all areas within Supply Chain are maintained in a continual state of inspection readiness.
- Foster a culture that prioritizes (1.) safety, (2.) compliance and quality, (3.) ensures the organization effectively delivers upon its commitments, and (4.) strives to continuously improve.
- Ensure our external partners deliver the same high level of performance and customer satisfaction.
- Be a role model for purposeful engagement with your teams and ensure they exemplify the AskBio Leadership Attributes and AskBio Values.
- Build a robust talent pipeline with diverse capabilities required to thrive in the present and future.
- Partner with HR to recruit, coach, develop, motivate, and retain staff. Ensure an ongoing organizational structure capable of adapting to evolving business needs.
- Establish technical training, leadership training, and cross-training plans to continually develop staff and build depth in the organization.
- Partner with staff to establish robust long-term development plans aligned with their aspirations and build robust succession plans through visibility to site, network, and external talent.
Production & Capacity Planning:
- Partner closely with the global supply chain planning teams and plant management to establish clear planning standards, track demand changes and trends, and develop production plans that will achieve the business needs while optimizing site output.
Raw Material Planning, Procurement, & Prioritization:
- Partner closely with global supply chain network peers to establish planning standards for raw materials based on criticality and lead times.
- Responsible for BOM and non-BOM raw material procurement and inventory control.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with raw material suppliers and manage escalation process for deliveries and returns related to defects.
- Partner with raw material suppliers to integrate processes for greater efficiency and resiliency.
- Collaborate with network teams on raw material prioritization and material transfers to ensure network supply while minimizing scrap.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Global Supply Chain and all AskBio Sites to foster process alignment and superior customer service.
- Partner with the network to advance learning and collective performance.
- Align best practices and ensure consistency within the network.
Innovation and Digital Transformation:
- Stay informed on emerging trends and continually evolve the way we work by embracing digital and technology solutions that will improve our reliability, efficiency, agility, and resiliency.
- Develop action plans to implement solutions aligned with the long-term strategy.
Warehouse Operations & Transportation:
- Ensure safety and compliance.
- Optimize the business processes and flow of materials.
- Ensure timely response to pull signals within the manufacturing plants and laboratories.
- Partner with the Global Transportation Hub to optimize transportation lane selection and method of transport.
- Continually optimize product shipment configuration and monitor performance of transportation providers.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the Site Supply Chain budget and minimizing scrap.
- Champion Continuous Improvement and Lean Transformation to achieve an integrated supply chain from our suppliers to our customers, while minimizing waste.
- Responsible for ensuring quality record robustness and timely closure (e.g., change controls, CAPA, deviations) within Supply Chain.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of Supply Chain or Operations experience
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, and programs or directing the allocation of resources.
- Knowledge of SAP and ERP systems.
- Experience in Material, Production, Planning master data and regulatory inspection.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Expertise of GMP regulatory and pharmaceutical processes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial and business acumen.
- Ability to influence broadly.
- Proficient using a PC and working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.