This Bioinformatician position will report to the Director of Bioinformatics at our European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK. You will work as part of an established, multi-disciplined team incorporating software, bioinformatics, machine learning and biology. You will predominately be working on PromPT®, our design engine utilising current bioinformatics techniques, as well as developing novel and innovate computational methods for the analysis of their data sets. You will be enthusiastic, ambitious and highly driven individual with a passion for bioinformatics and ideally have an advanced understanding of gene regulation.
Technical experience & knowledge:
- MSc Or PhD in bioinformatics/biostatistics
- Python programming (principal language used)
- NGS data analysis, particularly applied to gene expression
- Knowledge of NGS technologies
- Statistical analysis of DNA sequence and molecular data sets
- Effective communication of complex concepts and data to non-experts
- An excellent track/publication record
Additional/beneficial areas of knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience of developing novel computational methods
- Knowledge of other data analysis languages, such as R/Java/Matlab
- Familiarity with enhancer landmark datasets
- Experience contributing to projects involving cross-disciplinary and global teams
- An understanding of the role of signalling pathways and molecular targets in human disease, specific knowledge of signalling pathways in eukaryotes
- Familiarity with Unix-like systems
This role could suit an MSc qualified candidate with a couple of years industry experience behind them or a recent bioinformatics PhD graduate looking for their first industry role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life-changing therapies. Based in Edinburgh, you will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and directly influence the development of the therapeutic expression cassette.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary, plus you will be eligible to join the company pension (5% company contribution), life insurance, critical illness insurance, and private medical insurance schemes. Additionally, you will be eligible for discretionary bonuses depending on company performance. We are also part of the childcare voucher scheme and cycle-to-work scheme, and there is access to an onsite gym and café.
For a confidential discussion, please contact our retained partner Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh that provides permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.