Business Development Manager (TAAV)
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’re built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager Touchlight AAV (TAAV) to join the AskBio team. This position is remote.
About the role
The Business Development Manager, TAAV is responsible for driving sales growth and overall commercial success of the Touchlight AAV Joint Venture. Working closely with the management team of the Joint Venture, the Business Development Representative executes the go-to-market strategy and manages the commercial process of selling dbDNA products and services to AAV developers.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Identify prospective target markets and clients for dbDNA products and services
- Manage sales process for dbDNA from prospect identification to signed proposals, and maintain relationships with client base to secure longer-term business moving forward
- Manage execution of key elements of marketing strategy needed for success including attending conferences and measurement of return for these efforts
- Generate accurate and timely reports of the sales activities, pipeline and results of their accounts and advise in the setting of commercial targets for the business
- Interface with internal and external KOLs to generate market interest and engagement with the dbDNA technology
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently as well as in a collaborative/group environment to collaborate with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of global gene therapy production markets and supply chain conditions in those areas
- Experience with global teams, global travel, and working productively from off-site locations
- Displays the highest standards of personal and professional conduct. Supports organizational ethical standards and values
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Scientific and business knowledge and acumen sufficient to analyze, summarize and present both technical and business information relevant to the technology and Joint Venture to both internal and external audiences
- BS Degree in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related field required; MS or MBA preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in business-to-business sales of biotechnology products and services required; gene therapy sales or management preferred
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?