Business Development Manager (Viralgen Vector Core)
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’re built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the Viralgen Vector Core team in our San Sebastian, Spain location and be part of our continued success!
About the role
The Business Development Manager, Viralgen Vector Core is responsible for driving sales growth and overall commercial success of Viralgen Vector Core. Working closely with the management team of Viralgen including the CEO, CSO and PMO team. The Business Development Manager sets and executes the go-to-market strategy and manages the commercial process of selling AAV manufacturing services to AAV developers. This role is US based and a remote working position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Identify prospective target markets and clients for AAV manufacturing services.
- Manage sales process for AAV manufacturing from prospect identification to signed proposals and maintain relationships with client base to secure longer-term business moving forward.
- Identify and manage execution of key elements of marketing strategy needed for success including marketing materials needed, conferences attended and measurement of return for these efforts.
- Manage Salesforce to enable the generation of accurate and timely reports of the sales activities, pipeline and results of the business.
- Interface with internal and external KOLs to generate market interest and engagement with AAV manufacturing.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently as well as in a collaborative/group environment to collaborate with external clients and internal stakeholders.
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of global gene therapy production markets and supply chain conditions in those areas.
- Experience with global teams, global travel, and working productively from off-site locations.
- Displays the highest standards of personal and professional conduct. Supports organizational ethical standards and values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Scientific and business knowledge and acumen sufficient to analyze, summarize and present both technical and business information relevant to the technology to both internal and external audiences.
- Experience with contract writing.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt to international time zones for extended working hours.
- BS Degree in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related field required; MS or MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in business-to-business sales of biotechnology products and services required; 3-5 years’ experience in gene therapy sales or management preferred.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?