Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success! The Contracts Manager, reporting to the Associate General Counsel, will work with AskBio’s legal team to create and manage contracts and other documents to help fulfill the Company’s mission of creating life changing cures for patients. This position will be responsible from every phase of contract development from researching the legal regulations to negotiating the terms and preparing the print document and may also collaborate with the legal team or work independently to evaluate bids and draft documents. The location of this position could be in Philadelphia, PA, Durham (RTP), North Carolina and Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ensure adherence to AskBio’s contract management policies and procedures.
- Utilize and complete contract templates for variety of agreements including confidentiality, consulting, and master services.
- Identify key contract terms and conditions for categorization.
- Collaborate with contract requestors, other business units and the legal team when preparing and negotiating agreements.
- Perform mark-ups of counter-party documents.
- Conduct negotiations of terms and conditions per SOPs.
- Proofread, edit and fact-check contract documents for completion, consistency, and accuracy.
- Execute electronic and hard copy contract signature processes.
- Explain contract terminology to key stakeholders and other interested parties in simple, clear, everyday language.
- Self-monitor progress according to the schedule of completion to submit drafts and documents in a timely manner.
- Utilize a contract management software system; input and extract system information.
- Assist in the tracking of the contract documents (agreements, amendments, notices, expirations) toward execution, finalization, and lifecycle management.
- Log contract approvals and development activities according to established SOPs.
- Perform regular monitoring of repository/common drive content to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work with product and finance teams to answer and resolve contractual issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for contract-related questions.
- Monitor workflow, update any discrepant information and correct overdue items.
- Run and distribute contract information reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Oversee user access to contract management system.
- Legal Department liaison to Information Technology (IT).
- Provide support and training to other team members on contract procedures.
- Support Legal Department with entity/subsidiary formation and maintenance.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study including science, accounting, business administration, economics, finance, and law.
- 5+ years experience in an in-house law/contracting department or law firm.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- J.D. or paralegal certificate, or 8+ years’ experience in an in-house contracts management role.
- Prior Experience:
- Reviewing/revising licenses, sponsored research agreements, material transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, vendor contracts.
- Managing intellectual property issues.
- Corporate governance, subsidiary formation, and maintenance.
- As a people manager.
- In the healthcare/life sciences industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with substantial experience in document preparation, editing, and revision.
- Ability to identify, analyze and suggest solutions for problems.
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form.
- Ability to support multiple team members.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.