Director, Alliance Management
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
The Director, Alliance Management will lead the alliance management function and be a key member of the business development team. The role calls for a proven team player who brings an exceptional analytical rigor, keen attention to detail, and strong time-management and communications skills to alliance management. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Director will be responsible for ensuring that day-to-day operating requirements for strategic alliances are effectively managed. Alliance management function lives at the interface of the science, medicine, business, and law; candidates will be expected to show strong capabilities across those disciplines.
Direct responsibilities will include developing and managing relationships with all individuals involved in the strategic alliance, planning and coordinating governance activities with the alliance partner, resolving alliance issues that may arise, providing relevant reports and feedback to management. The Director will be responsible for management of academic engagements, including Sponsored Research Agreements (SRAs) and Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) as well as intercompany and academic licenses. The Director will collaborate with stakeholders in many different functions to ensure alignment, and completion of key tasks in a nimble and fast-moving environment.
We are excited about our next to Director, Alliance Management join the AskBio team!
- Input into deal structure as it relates to ongoing obligations for an alliance.
- Implement successful alliance launch for new alliances and a relevant operational model.
- Escalate operational-level conflicts.
- Maintain organizational alignment.
- Manage alliance performance per alliance metrics/measurement system.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor operational activities of alliance in conjunction with internal teams.
- Establish and maintain relationships within and across organizations.
- Coordinate interactions/steering committees with alliance partner by developing agenda, setting priorities for discussions, capturing meeting minutes and tracking/following up on actions.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3 years of university, pharma or biotech experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- MBA or science related graduate degree.
- Experience working in research collaborations or with external partners.
- Experience managing people/teams.
- Knowledge of the industry and pharmaceutical product development.
- Experience working in or with business development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including use of Microsoft PowerPoint and other common communication tools.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong team-player with keen desire to learn business development.
- Ability to collaborate and model the best professional behavior in a fast-moving, often high-pressure.