Director/Sr. Director of IT & Information Security
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Edinburgh, Scotland, and gene therapy manufacturing in San Sebastian, Spain.
We are excited for our next DIRECTOR/SR. DIRECTOR, IT & INFORMATION SECURITY to join the AskBio team!
About the Role
The Director/Sr. Director, IT & Information Security is a customer-focused IT leader who will manage our network and corporate IT (including network, server, storage and helpdesk) and deliver excellent performance and reliability.
He/she will also need experience as an information security professional who can plan and develop our security strategy to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and ensure compliance with laws and regulations such as HIPAA and GDPR.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- You pride yourself on delivering exceptional reliability and rapid results
- You enjoy interacting and engaging with internal customers addressing concerns with ease
- You communicate in a manner that is both professional, clear, open and non-technical
- You think strategically and are comfortable managing and optimizing the IT budget for a growing organization
- You bring deep experience applying industry best practices to secure data and networks, while also enabling innovation
- You are accountable for setting strategic information security strategy and driving execution
- You are comfortable presenting to key stakeholders
- You will interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders, including manufacturing, Scientist, Operations, clients, sales and clinical staff
- You have experience leading and managing a team of IT professionals of varying skill levels and expertise
- You have excellent project management skills and can handle multiple tasks across different spectrums easily
- You thrive innovating to solve complex problems and identify process improvements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing corporate networks, storage and hardware
- 3+ years’ experience IT lifecycle management
- 5+ years’ experience in information security, including shaping and applying security policies
- 3+ years’ experience in people management
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with IT security frameworks such as NIST 800-53 or SOX
- Experience in health/life science industry
- Relevant Information Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, etc.)
- Experience adapting and evolving policies and practices for a growing company
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?