Facilities Lab Technician
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
We have an opportunity for Facilities Lab Technician to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
- Maintain recycling vendor service schedule and assist lab teams with organization of material to be recycled. When serviced by vendor, record recycling haul-off documentation.
- Ensure each lab has proper trash and recycling receptacles to maintain compliance.
- Assist with PPE station upkeep and stocking.
- Assist with manufacturing consumable pick up for off-site storage.
- Assist lab waste vendor(s) on pickup days and keep tabs on supply of biohazard boxes and liquid waste receptacles, maintaining a steady supply for lab operations.
- Daily duties shall include the removal of lab waste to the common waste storage room for weekly vendor pickup.
- Assist with vendor scheduling, coordination, and visits.
- Assist EHS with safety initiatives and posting safety starters bi-weekly.
- Organize and maintain parts washer and autoclave area and wash parts, as necessary.
- 5 years’ experience working in a commercial facility.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Prior pharma, laboratory, or facilities experience.
- Possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, organized, individual capable of working independently as well as a team contributor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally.