Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Edinburgh, Scotland, and gene therapy manufacturing in San Sebastian, Spain.
We are excited for our next Immunohistochemistry Scientist to join the AskBio team!
About the role
The Immunohistochemistry Scientist will assist with and perform a variety of standard histology techniques including: tissue prep and embedding, sectioning on a microtome or cryostat, H&E and various immunostains. Design experiments, review and analyze research data, revise techniques or approaches to solve problems as indicated by research data.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for hands-on experiments employing standard histology methods, such as tissue embedding (frozen and paraffin), H&E and IHC
- Design and execute experiments using histological assays to investigate target biology and mechanisms of action
- Prepare study protocols and test plans according to projects requirements
- Maintain detailed record keeping of experiments
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as in a collaborative/group environment
- Strong histology skills such as slide preparation, immunofluorescence and IHC staining. Demonstrated experience in developing new protocols from literature review
- Ability to use microscopes, slide scanners and imaging software. Demonstrated experience with fluorescence microscopes desired (Keyence Bzx-800 on site)
- Experience with gene therapy and AAV biology will be considered as a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Good judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures
- BS, MS, or PhD in neuroscience, molecular and cell biology or related field. 0-2 years of relevant experience with PhD, 3-5 years of relevant experience with master’s degree, and 5-10 years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree
- Ability to multitask among projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open, collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?