Immunology Sr Scientist-Scientist III
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Scientist/Scientist III to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to join our growing immunology team. The successful candidate will support our discovery efforts, as well as preclinical and clinical AAV gene therapy programs. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of immunologic principles spanning from innate to adaptive immunology and can lead and/or execute experimental studies that characterize the immune response to gene therapy candidates and contribute to lead selection/optimization.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead or execute humoral and cellular immunology assays characterizing antigen specific T-cell and B-cell subsets and innate immune cells
- Use relevant rodent or non-human primate models to test hypothesis and characterize gene therapy candidates and immune modulators in development
- Support internal and external collaborations to increase team capabilities and address strategic needs
- Take initiative to identify and support emerging technical approaches and platforms that may drive increased value for pipeline programs and the translational medicine group
- Assist with the preparation and review of protocols, clinical study reports and translational medicine sections of plans, INDs, manuscripts and technical reports
- Train or work closely with other lab-based personnel within translational medicine and product development to ensure optimal laboratory environment (collaboration, culture, safety, etc.)
- Demonstrate initiative, teamwork, collaboration and technical expertise as an independent and team player
- Follow best practices for data integrity complying with organization and company standard operating procedures in a timely fashion
- PhD in immunology with 6 years of experience in postdoc or industry setting
- Expertise in human/murine immunology and various preclinical models
- Broad experience with immunological and molecular principles and techniques including cell-based functional assays and multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Experience with protein binding and affinity assays (Octet, Biacore, etc.) and the characterization of antibody function (ADCC, complement, etc.)
- Prior experience with statistical and analytical tools such as Graphpad Prism, Spotfire and JMP is preferred
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple programs and work in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative, self-motivated and detail-oriented with good problem-solving ability
- Must be able to work in BSL2 or more environment
- Capable of working independently, as well as a team contributor or team leader
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?