IT Program Manager
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a IT Program Manager to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success!
The IT Program Manager, reporting to the Vice President, Information Technology, will create and maintain the overall project plans and timelines for the implementation programs assigned. Partner with business leaders and functional experts to provide leadership, direction, and execution of all Program Management procedures and activities from project initiation to go-live. Provide operational management to the program team, including facilitating issue identification and resolution, problem-solving, and contingency planning. Define the program’s scope and objectives, and effectively coordinate the activities of the cross-functional team to meet the objectives. Collaborate with the program team to develop and communicate program updates to key stakeholders and leadership team. This position is a US-based, remote position.
- Co-lead cross-functional activities and communications involving team members to ensure deliverables related to the program are on track.
- Identify issues and develop appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Update key stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner of program status, key achievements, risks/mitigation, scope deviations.
- Identify operational efficiency gains through delivery of program objectives.
- Ensure alignment with cross-functional leaders to allocate appropriate resources in support of program timelines and objectives.
- Develop and maintain an integrated program development plan that accurately captures timelines, resource plans, risk mitigation strategies, regulatory plans, and budget in collaboration with program team.
- Develop and execute a communication plan in collaboration with business and functional leadership team.
- Ensure program documentation is updated and easily accessible to all the program team and leadership.
- Ensure timely documentation of team meetings, key decisions, and action items with clear communication to matrixed teams on expectations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years minimum pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience, with minimum of 3+ years in program management.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Prior biotech industry experience.
- Excellent program management skills (including budget and resource management).
- Ability to manage programs and work with team members in a matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Proficiency in PM tools (Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, Excel, or any other program planning tool).
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.