Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Laboratory Manager to join our Translational Medicine team.
About the role
This role will be responsible for management of the day-to-day operational logistics of multiple laboratories within the Translational Medicine department. He/she will also support laboratory quality and regulatory requirements for sample management and equipment.
- Organize, implement, coordinate, enforce and/or monitor quality assurance programs. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date
- Clinical sample management including receiving, sample tracking using GCP complaint software, e.g. LIMS
- Ordering, receiving, shipping and tracking of laboratory equipment and supplies in coordination with lab managers for other labs
- Establishing and maintaining an inventory system for reagents, supplies and equipment
- Tracking and performing equipment calibrations and preventative maintenance. Maintain equipment use binders and SOPs
- Management of the departmental budget
- May be required to perform lab tasks as needed, including but not limited to equipment monitoring and calibration, reagent and media prep, processing and cryopreservation of primary cells/cell lines
- Coordinate waste management (red bag and waste streams)
- BSc with at least 5 years GxP experience and lab management in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology or related field
- Ability to handle multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- This position requires the ability to act independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- This role has no spend authority except through request process