Lead Application & Support Engineer (Apple Mac)
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Application & Support Engineer to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the role
Responsible for managing Apple Mac-based application configuration requests and internal and external user system support. Duties include managing Mac support and configuration of all systems including clinical systems, vendor management, account management, hardware setup and installation, hardware and software inventories, and maintenance of operating systems and training.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Handle on-call responsibilities for Mac support as a priority and production systems. Requires a working knowledge of hardware, Mac OS, operating systems, and shrink-wrap applications
- Install and maintain Mac hardware, PC hardware and software to ensure the use of standard configurations
- Conduct repairs or coordinate with vendors, if necessary
- Maintain equipment and software inventories
- Develop and maintain knowledge base information. Troubleshoot and provide solutions for problem reports
- Provide guidance and mentoring in the area(s) of technical expertise
- Research, analyze and implement patches and upgrades to fix operation systems problems or vulnerabilities
- Evaluate new products and services
- Responsible for setting up new hires using Mac as a priority. Define Mac user-based onboarding process as a variant to current onboarding process
- Responsible for closing out exiting employees
- Maintain and troubleshoot user accounts
- Participate in the development and implementation of procedures to minimize service outages and ensure appropriate communication to the end users
- Works to constantly improve customer service
- Provide onboard training for new employees
- Provide group training for employees on new applications and features
- Additional responsibilities for application support lead
- Plan, manage and implement configuration requests for all third-party clinical systems – particularly those on the Mac platform
- Coordinate with teams and vendors to resolve all complex application and system issues
- Administer and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis
- Develop, sustain and evaluate delegated business processes and related applications
- Must be self-motivated, organized and capable of working independently, as well as in a collaborative/group environment
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Good judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures
- Experience with the administration of clinical systems
- This position requires the ability to act independently and to take the initiative with minimal supervision
- This role has no spending authority except through the request process
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems, systems engineering, management information systems or related. At least 5 years’ experience in Mac systems or Mac IT support may be considered equivalent. Five or more years’ IT experience is required for a Level II support engineer position
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work with different personalities and styles and prioritize activities based on ambiguous or quickly changing information and environments is critical
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required – with the ability to interact effectively with people internally and externally
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?