Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a LIMS Developer to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success!
The LIMS Developer, reporting to the Director, Application Administration, will be responsible for the implementation and support of LIMS and ELN applications utilized across AskBio sites while following company policies and maintaining GxP regulatory compliance. This role will be the primary contact for LIMS and work with scientific stakeholders to understand current lab procedures, define requirements and support the implementation of LIMS within the laboratory environment. In addition, this position will be responsible for building a strong collaborative environment across scientific groups, system vendors and Information Technology. This position is based at AskBio’s Headquarter’s in RTP, NC.
- Act as a key technical contact for AskBio LIMS applications.
- Requirements gathering, creating, and improving workflows, prioritizing system features and capabilities within existing organizational needs.
- Provide LIMS operational support to end users, to include troubleshooting, user management and training.
- Integrate LIMS with other data systems and lab instruments.
- Support IT GxP compliance by ensuring compliance is prioritized in the maintenance of all systems and assist in the writing and execution of validation deliverables as required.
- Key resource for related application change management processes, system architecture, license management, and documentation.
- Collaborate with vendor(s) to facilitate installation, maintenance, and system upgrades of the LIMS.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Life Science related field.
- 3+ years relevant industry experience implementing and supporting commercial off the shelf LIMS systems.
- Prior experience with web services integration, including REST application programming interfaces and working with relational databases (eg : Postgres, MySQL, Oracle) in a GxP compliant environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented setting.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people internally and externally.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.