Manager, Business Development – TAAV Manufacturing Solutions
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Manager, Business Development – TAAV Manufacturing Solutions to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success!
The Manager, Business Development – TAAV Manufacturing Solutions will be responsible for driving sales growth and overall commercial success. This position will work closely with the management team of the Joint Venture, the Business Development Representative executes the go-to-market strategy and manages the commercial process of selling dbDNA products and services to AAV developers. This is a US-based, remote position.
- Identify prospective target markets and clients for dbDNA products and services.
- Manage sales process for dbDNA from prospect identification to signed proposals, and maintain relationships with client base to secure longer-term business moving forward.
- Manage execution of key elements of marketing strategy needed for success including attending conferences and measurement of return for these efforts.
- Generate accurate and timely reports of the sales activities, pipeline and results of their accounts and advise in the setting of commercial targets for the business.
- Analyze, summarize and present both technical and business information relevant to the technology and Joint Venture to both internal and external audiences.
- Interface with internal and external KOLs to generate market interest and engagement with the dbDNA technology.
Required Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in business-to-business sales of biotechnology products and services required; preferably in gene therapy sales or management.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- MS or MBA.
- Knowledge of global gene therapy production markets and supply chain conditions in those areas.
- Experience working with global teams, global travel, and working productively from off-site locations.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.