Manufacturing Technician/Manufacturing Scientist, UK
Based at our European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the Manufacturing Technician/Scientist role will primarily involve the production and purification of virus from mammalian cells, therefore experience with manufacturing processes (USP/DSP and QC) would be highly advantageous. Ideally you will have experience of recombinant protein, virus or biologic manufacture in an industrial setting.
Skills & experience:
- Experience in the manufacture of viruses (AAV preferable), recombinant protein or biologics, cell culture aseptic working techniques is essential
- Knowledge of purification (DSP) and analytics (QC) for bioproducts would be advantageous
- Technical knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, cloning and sequence analysis and manipulation, would be advantageous
- Adept at working with and updating SOPs to produce reproducible results
- Experience in fundamental lab skills, e.g. pipetting, aliquoting reagents, media/solution preparation, working in a GLP environment
- Effective written and verbal communication across/between team members and management
- Experience in H&S, COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
This role could suit an HND/BSc qualified candidate with at least a couple of years industry experience behind them in a similar manufacturing discipline.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life-changing therapies. Based in Edinburgh, you will join a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role to aid the development of future therapies.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary, plus you will be eligible to join the company pension (5% company contribution), life insurance, critical illness insurance, and private medical insurance schemes. Additionally, you will be eligible for discretionary bonuses depending on company performance. We are also part of the childcare voucher scheme and cycle-to-work scheme, and there is access to an onsite gym and café.
For a confidential discussion, please contact our retained partner Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh providing permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.