Non-Clinical Manufacturing/Process Development Lab Manager
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’re built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Non-Clinical Manufacturing and Process Development Lab Manager to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the Role
The candidate will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operational logistics of multiple laboratories within the Process Development and Non-Clinical Manufacturing department. This role will also support laboratory quality and regulatory requirements for sample management and equipment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ordering, receiving, shipping and tracking of laboratory equipment and supplies in coordination with lab managers for other labs
- Oversee the cleaning and sanitization of the lab and ensuring all equipment’s and instruments function correctly
- Arrange equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Tracking/performing equipment calibrations and preventative maintenance. Manage and own equipment uses binders and SOPs
- Establishing and maintaining an inventory system for reagents, supplies, and equipment.
- Management of the departmental budget
- May be required to perform lab tasks as needed including but not limited to equipment cleaning, maintenance, monitoring and calibration, reagent and media prep
- Coordinate waste management (red bag and waste streams) and house gases
- Develops, updates and assists with the enforcement of laboratory policies and procedures; coordinates the development and implementation of laboratory safety and care standards; ensures updated Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are readily available
- Schedule safety trainings for current and new hires and enforce safety around PPEs (personal protective equipment’s)
- BSc with 3-5 years of lab management in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology or related field.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- This position requires the ability to act independently and to take initiative with minimal supervision
- This role has no spend authority except through request process
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?