Project Manager, Operations
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios Biopharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we have built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager, Operations to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our growing Program Management team. The selected individual will play an important role in supporting AskBio’s programs. This individual will work closely with the Program Managers to maintain program plans and track progress and budget against key milestones and program goals. The ideal candidate will have some research and drug development experience. Experience working with planning tools (such as MS Project) and strong organizational skills are required. Knowledge of AAV biology or other gene therapy approaches is a plus. Additional responsibilities also include supporting the development organization with budget generation, tracking spend, as well and resource management.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Incorporate changes of internal and external value drivers and make rapid, well-judged adjustments to the program operations.
- Develop and maintain the project management framework including processes, templates, and tools to support project teams.
- Champion and drive best-practice project management methodologies throughout the organization by training others.
- Partner with the program management team to develop and coordinate resources planning in support of programs.
- In close collaboration with the Program Managers, Finance team members, and other relevant departments, manage project budgets and track key deliverables and assumption to support project plan.
- Identify potential synergies between programs and formulate recommendations to program teams.
- Work with the Program Managers to maintain program-related documentation (including the program Gantt/MS project plan, decision log, and risk register).
- Manage program timelines and resources in close collaboration with Program Managers.
- Liaise with CMC and the manufacturing project manager to align on program-level resource planning.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field is required in addition to 1-3 years of relevant experience in the biotech/pharma industry to include 1-2 years of relevant project management experience.
- Budget and resource management experience.
- Ability to manage projects and work with team members in a matrixed environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles and concepts.
- Proficient with project management tools.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
AskBio is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or sending us an email.