We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the role
The selected individual will play an important role in supporting AskBio’s development programs. This individual will work closely with the Program Leads to create and maintain program plans and track progress against key milestones and program goals. The ideal candidate will have some research and drug development experience. Experience working with planning tools (such as MS Project) and strong organizational skills are required. Knowledge of AAV biology or other gene therapy approaches is a plus. Additional responsibilities also include supporting the development organization with budget generation, tracking spend, as well and resource management.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work with the Program Leads to maintain program-related documentation (including the program Gantt/MS project plan, decision log, and risk register)
- Identify potential issues, formulate mitigation options, make recommendations to senior management, and implement mitigation strategies and plans
- Manage program timelines and work with the Program Leads to identify/define resource needs
- Liaise with CMC and the manufacturing project manager to align on program-level resource planning
- Be agile to changes of internal and external value drivers and make rapid, well-judged adjustments to the program strategy and operations
- Further develop and maintain the project management framework including processes, templates, and tools to support project teams. Champion best-practice project management methodologies
- Partner with the program management team to develop and coordinate resources planning to support programs
- Prepare and manage project team budgets including key deliverables and assumptions to support project plan, resources and costs collaborating with Program teams, finance and other cross-functional departments
- BS degree in life sciences is required. Project Management certification is a plus
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related experience in the biotech-pharma industry, including 1-2 years of relevant project management experience
- Budget and resource management experience
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex issues
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Ability to manage projects and work with team members in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in project planning and content management tools
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?