Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success! The Project Engineer will assist in the management of capital projects and day-to-day operation of AskBio facilities.
- Assist in the development and delivery of projects, conducting project team meetings and recording all minutes.
- Participate in raising issues and engage in conflict resolution during programming, construction, commissioning, and project closeout of assigned projects.
- Support the implementation of all key project processes and tools to support project delivery and monitor progress, providing updates and recommendations to the internal engineering team.
- Participate in the review and assessment of proposed variations/scope changes and identify the impact of cost and schedule to the project.
- Attend and monitor meetings, escalating issues that may arise to appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders, client team, design team and contractors on all interactions required for Project Delivery.
- Assist with document control for construction and facility projects utilizing MS SharePoint and DSI asset management software packages.
- Work with engineering and lab teams to maintain accuracy within the DSI asset management system with timely updates.
- Assist with Rees Scientific lab monitoring system and troubleshoot/diagnose minor equipment problems.
- Work with engineering team to implement safety initiatives to ensure site compliance.
- Assist with equipment and lab setup.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university.
- 5-10 years’ experience working in a Project Engineering/Management role.
- Prior pharma, laboratory, or facilities experience.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, organized, individual capable of working independently as well as a team contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally.