Research Associate | Analytical Support
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Edinburgh, Scotland, and gene therapy manufacturing in San Sebastian, Spain.
We are excited for our next RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – Analytical Support to join the AskBio team!
About the role:
The purpose of the Research Associate position is to support process development and non-GMP manufacturing teams through the execution of molecular biology analytical assays. This individual provides the execution and data analysis of molecular biology analytical test methods to support continued manufacturing process technology improvements and non-GMP rAAV vector release testing.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execution of molecular biology analytical assays related to Viral titer assays, residual DNA assays and sequencing that include TCID50, qPCR, ddPCR, PCR, Sanger and NGS sequencing, etc.
- Provide analytical testing support for process development, manufacturing, R&D and external CMO teams to assist in the analytical characterization of new therapeutic targets and manufacturing technology improvements
- Organize and perform data analysis at completion of each test method
- Ensure lab areas are clean and organized and equipment, supplies and raw materials are available for use
- Contribute to technical discussions and investigations
- Detailed, organized, formal record keeping
- Has excellent communication skills and works well in a group work environment
- BS or MS in bioanalytical chemistry, biology, biochemistry, virology or related field with at least 1-3 years’ experience
- Must possess skills in qPCR, ddPCR, PCR, sequencing and other molecular biology techniques
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally, is required