Research Associate, Bioanalytical and Bioassay
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
We are seeking 2 highly motivated Research Associate, Bioanalytical and Bioassay to join our Bioanalytical and Bioassay group located at Research Triangle Park, Durham NC. Reporting to the Sr. Director, the Research Associate is expected to assistant the bioanalytical and bioassay development and contribute to the technical excellence within the team.
We are excited about our next Research Associate, Bioanalytical and Bioassay to join the AskBio team!
The Research Associate, Bioanalytical and Bioassay will:
- Assist in the execution of bioanalytical and bioassay methods development, optimization, sample testing and reporting.
- Perform routine molecular biology/biochemical assays/cell-based assay, such as western blotting, capillary electrophoresis, ELISAs, MSD, enzyme activity assay, and qPCR/ddPCR to support various studies.
- Document experimental results in electronic laboratory notebook and drafts technical reports.
- Help QC and review of analytical data and methods, protocols, and reports.
- General laboratory maintenance including reagents, inventory preparation and maintenance.
- Ensure timely completion and compliance with GxP and all company training requirements.
Required Education & Experience
- MS degree with 1-3 years of experience, or a BS/BA degree with 3 or more years of experience in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, molecular biology, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and maintenance.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in performing ELISA, Meso Scale Diagnostic, qPCR/ddPCR.
- Knowledge/experience of GxP industry practices for the development, qualification/validation of bioanalytical method and potency assay.
- Self-motivated, detailed, and organized individual with excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.