Research Associate | BioAssay
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held AAV gene therapy-based company founded in 2001 in response to parents and patient advocates seeking treatments for rare, genetically derived and life-threatening illnesses. AskBio’s scientific platform is based on the work of Dr. Jude Samulski and Dr. Xiao Xiao. Our history has been largely mission driven to help patients without other options; AskBio carries on this patient-focused mission today. We are headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
We are excited for our next Research Associate – BioAssay to join the AskBio team!
About the role
This Research Associate in Translational Medicine at AskBio will be one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the development of immunogenicity assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build upon his/her experience in basic cell and molecular biology lab skills by being involved in planning and execution of pre-clinical studies to advance the programs to clinical trials. This position will report to Translational Medicine Group Lead.
- Take ownership of executing immuno- and cell-based assays under the guidance of supervisor
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments according to good documentation practices
- Maintain inventories and/or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately
- Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/or investigations with internal and external stakeholders
- MS/BS in immunology, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, virology or related field with 1-4 years of experience in industry or academia, or combination of both
- Must possess basic lab skills, such as adhering to biosafety and chemical hygiene guidelines (training provided), and making reagents at desired dilutions or concentrations
- Must have demonstrated experience in the performing cell culture work, bright-field microscopy and ELISA
- Preferred experience in nucleic acid extraction/purification from cells and tissues, PCR, multi-color flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy and related tools for analysis
- Experience with RNAscope and statistical tools such as GraphPad Prism or similar, a strong plus
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as a team contributor
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally
- Must possess basic office skills such as using a PC and working with MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?