Research Associate, Biomarker Flow Cytometry
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate, Biomarker Flow Cytometry to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the role
The Research Associate, Biomarker Flow Cytometry is one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the understanding of AAV immunogenicity by performing immunological assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to build upon his/her experience in basic cell biology and immunology lab skills by being involved in planning and execution of preclinical studies and the assessment of clinical samples to advance programs to clinical trial stages.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Execute flow cytometry, ELISPOT and biomarker assays under the guidance of supervisor
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments
- Maintain inventories and/or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately
- Contribute to drafting reports and presentations for technical discussions and/or investigations with internal and external stakeholders
- MS/BS in immunology, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, virology or related field with 2-5 years of experience in industry, academia or combination of both
- Must have experience with multicolor flow cytometry, ELISPOT and performing analytical assays such as ELISA, Meso Scale Diagnostic, and western blot assays
- Experience with electronic lab notebooks, statistical software such as Graphpad or JMP, and proficiency with flow cytometric analysis software such as FCS Express or FlowJo is highly preferred
- Expertise in managing, curating and analyzing large datasets accumulated via multiplexed, multicolor (>12), and/ or deep-data platforms (e.g., NGS or proteomics) is a plus
- Must have demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and processing/handling primary cells such as PBMCs
- Must possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to write software scripts, use multi-dimensional analysis tools a plus
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as a team contributor
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?