Research Associate, Formulation
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate, Formulation to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
The Formulation Research Associate, reports to the Scientist II, Analytical Development, and is responsible for the development, qualification, and execution of analytical assays for formulation studies and stability studies. The position is based at AskBio’s RTP, NC Headquarters Facility.
- Execution of molecular biology and biochemistry analytical methods such as qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, HPLC, and endotoxin.
- Follow SOPs and document analytical test method procedures.
- Organize and perform data analysis at completion of each test method.
- Ensure lab areas are clean, organized and equipment, supplies and raw materials are available for use.
- Contribute to technical discussions and investigations.
- Maintain detailed, organized, and formal record keeping of all analysis.
- Make routine revisions to SOPs, Batch Records, Analytical Records, Formulation Records and initiate new procedures as applicable.
- Assist with inventory management of raw materials and analytical test method supplies.
- Evaluate and summarize analytical results and final reports
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of experience in bio-analytical testing, development, and technology transfer, preferably in rAAV and/or recombinant protein/biomolecules.
- Previous experience and/or demonstrated skills with one or more of the following techniques: qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, HPLC, and/or other molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with biopharmaceutical manufacturing, regulations, and compliance.
- Expertise in implementing and troubleshooting experiments with the ability to assume independent ownership of protocols and experiments.
- Ability to critically analyze problems, develop potential solutions and evaluate impact to the research organization.
- Service-oriented attitude while multi-tasking and prioritizing according to the group’s goals.
- Understanding of statistics and data analysis/interpretation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment with people, internally and externally.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite Software (Word, Outlook, Excel).
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.