Research Associate I, Bioanalytical & Bioassay
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate I, Bioanalytical & Bioassay to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success!
The Research Associate I, Bioanalytical and Bioassay, reporting to the Sr. Director, Bioanalytical & Bioassay is responsible for assisting with bioanalytical and bioassay development and contributing to the technical excellence within the team. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and maintenance. This position is located at AskBio’s Headquarters in RTP, NC.
- Assist in the execution of bioanalytical and bioassay methods development, optimization, sample testing and reporting.
- Perform routine molecular biology/biochemical assays/cell-based assay, such as western blotting, capillary electrophoresis, ELISAs, MSD, enzyme activity assay, and qPCR/ddPCR to support various studies.
- Documents experimental results in electronic laboratory notebook and drafts technical reports.
- Help QC and review of analytical data and methods, protocols, and reports.
- General laboratory maintenance including reagents and inventory preparation and maintenance.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with GxP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- MS degree with 1-3 years of experience, or a BS/BA degree with 3 or more years of experience in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, molecular biology, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and maintenance.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in performing ELISA, Meso Scale Diagnostic, qPCR/ddPCR.
- Knowledge/experience of GxP industry practices for the development, qualification/validation of bioanalytical method and potency assay.
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working with cross-disciplinary teams, as well as being individual contributor.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.