Research Associate II, Biodistribution
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate II, Biodistribution to join the AskBio team in Philadelphia, PA and be part of our continued success!
The Research Associate II, Biodistribution Core, reporting Scientist II, Product Development, conducts experimental bench work in support of AskBio’s Product Development team, whose role is to design and optimize recombinant-AAV vectors for use in clinical gene therapy trials. The primary responsibility of the Biodistribution Core is to serve as the central entity for tissue management across all in vivo studies and to process a wide array of samples using cutting edge techniques for Product Development programs. Analytical strategies will be used to make both quantitative and qualitative assessments in relation to vector transduction, efficacy, distribution, toxicity, etc. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with in vivo tissue handling, nucleic acid extraction, droplet digital PCR, and next generation sequencing. The location of this position is Philadelphia, PA.
- Assist with the design, planning, and performance of experiments to analyze protein, RNA, and DNA from tissues.
- Sample management of multiple interdisciplinary studies.
- Implement new technologies to improve processes and high-throughput capabilities.
- Process, track, and analyze large sample sizes to generate high quality reproducible data.
- Organize and perform data analysis at completion of each test method.
- Contribute to study reports, study protocols, and technical discussions and investigations within project teams.
- Assay development and troubleshooting.
- Follow protocols and maintain detailed, organized, and formal record keeping of all analysis.
- Ensure lab areas are clean, well-organized and equipment, supplies and raw materials are available and safety protocols are followed.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other relevant degree with 3-5 years research experience, or MS with 1-2 years experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following techniques: in vivo tissue handling, DNA/RNA/protein isolation, ddPCR, NGS, Western Blot, DNA subcloning, mammalian cell culture.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of and prior experience with viral gene therapy (AAV vectors).
- Exhibit strong analytical method development skills with use of statistics and design of experiments.
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working with cross-disciplinary teams, as well as being individual contributor.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Ability to present ideas, information and data effectively via collaborative team interactions, presentations and publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, work planning, data analysis and record keeping skills with strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience with various types of scientific software, such as SnapGene, Benchling and GraphPad.
- Good judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.