Research Associate, Immunology (Cell-based Assays)
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we have built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate II/III, Cellular Immunology to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the Role
The Research Associate II/III, Cellular Immunology at AskBio will be one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the development of immunology cell-based assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on his/ her experience in basic Cell Biology and Immunology lab skills by being involved in planning and execution of pre-clinical studies and the assessment of clinical samples supporting multiple clinical programs. The role will report to the Sr. Scientist, Exploratory Immunology
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execute cell-based immunogenicity assays, including ELISPOT/Fluorospot, viral transduction and reporter assays, or single/multiplex biomarker assays under the guidance of a manager.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments according to good documentation practices.
- Maintain inventories and/or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work.
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately.
- Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/or investigations with internal and external stakeholders.
- MS degree with 1-6 years of experience, or a BS/BA degree with 3 or more years of experience in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Virology or related field in industry, academia, or combination of both.
- Basic lab skills such as adhering to biosafety and chemical use guidelines (training provided) and making reagents at desired dilutions or concentrations are required.
- Must have demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture; experience with handling of primary cells such as PBMCs is preferred.
- Must have experience with cell-culture based immune assays including one or more of the following techniques: ELISPOT, FluoroSPOT, Flow cytometry/Proliferation assays, or similar
- Demonstrated experience in performing cell-culture based analytical assays such as ELISA, Meso Scale Diagnostic/Luminex, or western blot is preferred
- Experience with magnetic enrichment of immune cell subsets a plus
- Knowledge of GxP industry practices for the development, qualification/validation of immunogenicity assays is a plus
- Experience with electronic lab notebooks, statistical software (Graphpad, JMP) or flow cytometric analysis software such as FCS Express or FlowJo is a plus
- Must Possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be a self-motivated, organized, individual capable of working independently, as well as a team contributor.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally.
AskBio is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or sending us an email.