Research Associate II/III, Immunology
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
The Research Associate II/III, Immunology, reporting to the ImmunoAssay Group Lead, will be one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the development of immunology cell or ligand-based assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on his/ her experience in basic cell biology and immunology lab skills by being involved in planning and execution of pre-clinical studies and the assessment of clinical samples to advance the programs to clinical trials.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate II/III, Immunology to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
- Execute immunogenicity assays, including cell-based or ligand based binding antibody, pharmacokinetic or biomarker assays under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments according to good documentation practices.
- Maintain inventories and/ or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work.
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately.
- Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/ or investigations with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Education & Experience
- MS/ BS in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Virology or related field with 2-5 years of experience in industry or academia or combination of both.
- Possess foundational lab skills such as adhering to biosafety and chemical use guidelines (training provided) and making reagents at desired dilutions or concentrations.
- Demonstrated experience in the performing cell culture work and preforming analytical assays such as ELISA’s, MSD assays and western blots.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and processing/handling primary cells such as PBMCs.
- Knowledge of industry practices for the development, qualification/ validation of immunogenicity assays.
- Possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, organized, individual capable of working independently as well as a team contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally