Research Associate, Immunology
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we have built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate, Immunology to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the Role
The Research Associate, Immunology at AskBio will be one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the development of immunology cell or ligand-based assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on his/ her experience in basic cell biology and immunology lab skills by being involved in planning and execution of pre-clinical studies and the assessment of clinical samples to advance the programs to clinical trials. The role will report to the Immunoassay Group Leader.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execute immunogenicity assays, including cell-based or ligand based binding antibody, pharmacokinetic or biomarker assays under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments according to good documentation practices.
- Maintain inventories and/ or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work.
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately.
- Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/ or investigations with internal and external stakeholders.
- MS/ BS in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Virology or related field with 2-5 years of experience in industry or academia or combination of both.
- Must possess basic lab skills such as adhering to biosafety and chemical use guidelines (training provided) and making reagents at desired dilutions or concentrations.
- Demonstrated experience in the performing cell culture work and preforming analytical assays such as ELISA’s, MSD assays and western blots required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and processing/handling primary cells such as PBMCs is preferred.
- Knowledge of industry practices for the development, qualification/ validation of immunogenicity assays is a plus.
- Possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, organized, individual capable of working independently as well as a team contributor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally.