Research Associate III, Analytical Testing
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
The Research Associate III, Analytical Testing, reporting to the Analytical Development Biochemistry Group Lead, will support process development and non-GMP manufacturing teams through the execution of analytical assays. This role will provide the execution and data analysis of analytical test methods to support continued manufacturing and process technology improvements and non-GMP rAAV vector release testing.
- Execute on developed biochemical analytical assays related to ELISA, Potency Assays, HPLC-SEC, Capillary Electrophoresis, Mass Spec, residual assays.
- Provide analytical testing support for Process Development, R&D and external CMO teams when needed to assist in the development and analytical characterization of new therapeutic targets and manufacturing technology improvements.
- Participate in qualification/validation of developed analytical methods and tech transfer the methods internally and to partner CMO.
- Oversee support testing activities by coordinating incoming samples for testing, assay executions, data reviewing and reporting of the results.
- Ensure lab areas are clean and organized and equipment, supplies and raw materials are available for use.
Contribute to technical discussions and investigations.
- Assist in making routine revisions to SOPs, Test Methods, study protocols and initiate new procedures as applicable.
Required Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related field with at least 1-2 years’ experience.
- Must possess skills in ELISA, Potency, cell based methods or other biochemistry techniques/applications.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have an understanding of data analysis/interpretation.
- Good judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures.