Research Associate III/Scientist I – Analytical Development
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate III/Scientist I -Analytical Development to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the Role
The purpose of the Research Associate III/Scientist I-Analytical Development position is to support the development and execution of cell-based assays for evaluation of vector candidates in support of gene therapy programs.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist in the development and execution of cell-based assays.
- Assist in the Qualification and Validation of cell-based assays.
- Write SOPs, Qualification/Validation reports.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook, recording details of experiments.
- Analyze data using statistical software such as GraphPad Prism, JMP or PLA 3.0.
- BS with at least 6 years or MS with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive tissue culture experience with multiple cell lines.
- Prior experience in qualification/validation of assays.
- Prior experience in the performance of assays including ELISAs, SDS-PAGE, Western analysis (both standard and in-cell).
- Prior experience in a GxP environment is a plus.
- Must possess basic computer skills such as working with MS Office tools.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently as well as a team contributor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?