Research Associate, Non-Clinical Manufacturing
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Edinburgh, Scotland, and gene therapy manufacturing in San Sebastian, Spain.
We are looking for a RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – NON-CLINICAL MANUFACTURING to join the AskBio team!
About the role
The Manufacturing Research Associate will manufacture and assist in analytical characterization of research and GLP-grade recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vectors. The rAAV vectors manufactured by this role will support capsid technology development, our intellectual property portfolio, and progression of internal and external early stage gene therapy programs.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for rAAV vector manufacturing for research and GLP-grade studies to support rAAV technology improvements and progression of early stage gene therapy programs
- Support process development activities for development and optimization of improved processes, technology transfer and training, internal and external manufacturing and analytical development activities
- Ordering raw materials, supplies, equipment, management of inventory, manufacturing rAAV vectors using shaker flasks, WAVE bioreactors and stir tank bioreactors, filtration and chromatography technologies along with some analytical testing
- Evaluate and summarize manufacturing and analytical results
- Prepare internally reviewed manufacturing reports and make oral presentations to scientists and management
- BS/MS degree in an engineering discipline (chemical/biochemical engineering, or equivalent biologics manufacturing experience)
- 1-3 years’ experience in bioprocess manufacturing and technology transfer, preferably in rAAV and/or recombinant protein/biomolecule bioprocess manufacturing. Experience with process develop and/or supporting analytics is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to generate results and innovative solutions with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as in a group environment, to collaborate with process development and analytical staff on experimental studies including work with external contract manufacturing organizations
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices is a plus
- The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) required; experience with JMP a plus
- Experience with global teams, especially Spanish speaking, a plus
- Position requires the ability to act independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- This role has no spend authority except through request process
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?