Scientist, Gene Editing
- Lead and execute gene editing and gene therapy projects, and assays to support in vitro/in vivo proof of concept and safety outcomes.
- Use relevant rodent or non-human primate models to test hypothesis and characterize gene editing/therapy candidates in development.
- Lead and support internal and cross-functional research teams, to increase team capabilities and address strategic needs.
- Lead and support collaborations with academic and/or industry partners to meet stage gated/milestone-driven goals for early therapeutic R&D programs.
- Take initiative to identify and support emerging technical approaches and platforms that may drive increased value for pipeline programs.
- Assist with the preparation and review of protocols, clinical study reports and translational medicine sections of plans, INDs, manuscripts, and technical reports.
- Train or work closely with other lab-based personnel within R&D, translational medicine, and product development to ensure optimal laboratory environment (collaboration, culture, safety)
- Demonstrate initiative, teamwork, collaboration, and technical expertise as an independent and team player.
- Follow best practices for data integrity complying with organization and company standard operating procedures in a timely fashion.
Required Education & Experience
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology or related discipline with 6 years of experience in postdoc or industry setting.
- Expertise in human/murine preclinical disease models and related experimental work.
- Prior experience in a BSL2 or more environment.
- Broad experience with gene editing modalities and techniques, including NGS methods for quantifying gene editing outcomes.
- Experience with recombinant AAV vectors and viral delivery platforms, applying gene editing tools for cell engineering and genome-wide screens, cellular molecular imaging and hybridization techniques, and experience with statistical and genome analytical tools (GraphPad, R, SnapGene).
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple programs and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with good problem-solving ability.
- Capable of working independently as well as a team contributor or team leader.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.