Scientist II, Flow Cytometry & Biomarker Data Analyst
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Scientist II, Flow Cytometry & Biomarker Data Analyst to join the AskBio team to be part of our continued success!
The Scientist II, Flow Cytometry & Biomarker Data Analyst, reporting to the Scientist III, Immunology, is one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to contribute to the understanding of AAV Immunogenicity by performing analyses on high-dimensional immunological assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on his/ her experience in Cell Biology and Immunology lab skills by being involved in the assessment of clinical samples and drive exploratory data analyses of clinical studies to advance programs to clinical trial stages. This position could be located at our Philadelphia or RTP sites or be remote.
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately and timely.
- Execute flow cytometry and/or biomarker assays under the guidance of supervisor.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments.
- Assist in the maintenance of inventories and/or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work.
- Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/ or investigations with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Education and Experience
- PhD in a scientific discipline and 3 – 5 years of related experience; May also have a Master’s degree with 6 – 9 years of related experience.
- Must have experience with multicolor flow cytometry data analysis, and other assay platforms that generate deep-data such as transcriptomics, proteomics, or metabolomics.
- Expertise in managing, curating, and analyzing large datasets accumulated via multiplexed, multicolor (>12), and/ or deep-data platforms (e.g. NGS or proteomics)
- Expertise in statistical analyses of large datasets and creating visualizations of data via software, such as SAS/JMP or Spotfire
- Experience in high-dimensional flow cytometric data analyses using targeted and unbiased software applications, such as CytoBank, or other pipelines, such as within FCS Express
- Expertise with writing/running software scripts, e.g., R or Python, or deployment of supervised/unsupervised machine-based learning algorithms to deconvolute high-dimensional analyses, e.g. CellCNN
- Bioinformatic analyses experience is desirable.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as a team contributor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.