Scientist – Molecular/Cellular Biology, UK
As a Scientist – Molecular/Cellular Biology, you will join the rapidly expanding platform R&D team at our European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, to develop the next generation of gene therapy treatments. The ideal candidate will have a good grounding in molecular and cellular biology with knowledge of gene transcription and control mechanisms surrounding gene regulation.
There are several open posts, and scientists with the following experience could be of significant interest: AAV/ cell line generation/animal tissue/RNA/ DNA/small molecules
Skills & experience:
- Experience with mammalian cell/tissue culture and cloning is essential
- Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques such as cloning, sequence analysis and manipulation, RT-PCR, transcription profiling, assay development, ELISA, transcription activity assays, etc.
- Diligent recording of data; high attention to detail; experience with ELN and databases
- An understanding of hypothesis-driven experimentation
- Working in a GLP environment
- Lab management, ensuring appropriate levels of control over scientific data, equipment and materials, maintaining appropriate levels of documentation, record keeping, and procedures
- Collaboration with the broader team to complete project deliverables
- Interact with senior members of the research team to ensure appropriate experimental design and analysis
- Housekeeping duties in the laboratory including stock management
- Health and Safety and GMO risk assessments
- Innovative and natural problem solver; able to “join the dots” of disparate information
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work in the laboratory
- Confident, clear presentation of data, verbally and through written reports
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet project deliverables with minimal oversight
- Motivated to learn and master new methods and techniques
This role could suit an MRes/MScR qualified candidate with a couple of years relevant industry experience behind them or a recent PhD graduate looking for their first industry role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life-changing therapies. Based in Edinburgh, you will join a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role in the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary, plus you will be eligible to join the company pension (5% company contribution), life insurance, critical illness insurance, and private medical insurance schemes. Additionally, you will be eligible for discretionary bonuses depending on company performance. We are also part of the childcare voucher scheme and cycle-to-work scheme, and there is access to an onsite gym and café.
For a confidential discussion, please contact our retained partner Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh providing permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.