Scientist | Muscle Bioassay
We are a gene therapy company changing lives with every genetic advancement.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
As the only end-to-end gene therapy company in the industry, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy Platform. Our global headquarters are in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and we maintain additional research and development operations in Scotland and France and gene therapy manufacturing in Spain.
We have an opportunity for a Muscle Bioassay Scientist to join the AskBio team in our Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC location and be part of our continued success!
About the role
AskBio is seeking a liver bioassay scientist to support our growth plans. This role will have a strong background and experience with cell/gene therapy to provide scientific guidance to the translational medicine group for AAV-based gene therapies.
Responsibilities & accountabilities
- Subject matter expertise in muscle and/or metabolism (preclinical, clinical, animal models, genetic diseases, etc.)
- Supports troubleshooting and problem-solving activities across the operation
- Active in identifying and championing operational initiatives to support continued growth of the organization
- Works with group leader to help steer the direction of the bioassay laboratory with focus on development opportunities to support AskBio and Bayer initiatives
- Develops and validates biological tests to determine purity, identity and potency of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products (chromatography experience is a plus)
- Performs laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products utilizing analytical instrumentation, analyzes and documents data in accordance with Alcami SOPs
- Documents results in electronic laboratory notebook
- Writes standard operating procedures (SOPs), test procedures, specifications and summary reports
- Interacts with team members and management to discuss data and project progress.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with GLP and all other relevant company training requirements
- Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or equivalent with 3-6+ years of relevant experience or doctorate degree with 2-5+ years of relevant experience required
- 2+ years of industry experience in pharmaceuticals/biotechnology in a GLP or cGMP setting is required
- Demonstrated expertise in developing analytical programs for one or more of the following products: peptides, monoclonal antibodies/recombinant proteins, cell therapy and gene therapy
- Demonstrated experience in development, validation and troubleshooting ELISA-based methods, as well as challenging cell-based bioassay and other bioanalytical methods required
- Chromatography experience is preferred
Live an AskLife™
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?