Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, our commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, we’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Our therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Our gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
We became a wholly-owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Our global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, we have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Our vision: Pioneering science to create transformative molecular medicines.
Our mission: Lead innovative science and drive clinical outcomes to transform people’s lives.
- Advance innovative science by pushing boundaries.
- Bring transformative therapeutics to patients in need.
- Provide an environment for employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Be a Pioneer. We are not afraid of the impossible and to innovate to make gene therapies accessible to those in need.
- Cultivate Collaboration. Strive to be the best teammate, actively listen, openly communicate, and embrace diverse points of view.
- Embrace Responsibility. We are humbled by the enormity of our mission. We hold a relentless commitment to advance science and clinical outcomes for our patients, families, and caregivers.
- Raise the Bar. Continuously drive improvements and efficiencies. Seek and provide constructive feedback. Have a bias for learning and action.
- Act with Uncompromising Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation. Make clear commitments and follow through.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success!
The Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, reporting to the Director, Talent Management, is responsible for the recruitment of the company’s open requisitions while continuously improving recruitment processes to provide an excellent candidate experience to both active and passive candidates. To fill positions and build a talent pipeline, this role will need to maintain strong relationships with key business leaders, hiring managers, external vendors, and candidates. In addition to full-cycle recruitment, the role will also support talent management efforts including employer branding, community relations, and university partnerships. The ideal candidate will have passion for identifying, engaging, and assessing talent in support of a high-growth company. This is a remote, US-based position.
- Responsible for driving full-cycle recruitment of approved requisitions in partnership with hiring managers to include drafting/revising job descriptions, posting jobs, leading intake and debrief meetings, reviewing resumes, conducting initial HR interviews, scheduling interviews, preparing offer requests, making verbal offers and negotiating offer details until acceptance is received.
- Assure that job descriptions are updated and current, reflecting position responsibilities and required/preferred education, skills and experience for all positions being recruited.
- Partner effectively with People Operations to complete job leveling and compensation analysis of each position prior to working with the HR Coordinator to create the written offer documentation.
- Build a network of prospective academic and industry candidates for recurring scientific roles using direct sourcing (LinkedIn Recruiter), marketing campaigns, networking, and referrals.
- Encourage employees to be talent magnets and participate in the Employee Referral Program through the sharing job of postings using the approved content and graphics and referring known candidates to HR and the Company.
- Suggest interview strategy improvements and assist with the development of interviewer training materials and competency-based interviewing models focusing on candidate experience.
- Maintain relationships with the company’s preferred external recruitment agencies (retained and contingency), professional associations, community organizations, and university partners.
- Assist with the implementation of an Applicant Tracking System to automate the recruitment process including revising the workflow, creation of candidate notifications, development of reports, launch support and training hiring managers to effectively utilize the system.
- Proactively recruit passive talent
- Utilize the best in class recruiting tools and processes to get the job done better, faster and with greater efficacy
- Support AskBio’s Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging (ID&B) Strategy by incorporating these concepts and the philosophy within the recruitment lifecycle.
- Analyze and interpret key recruitment metrics, creating dashboard views for CHRO.
- Collaborate with VP, Corporate Communications to increase employer branding in support of recruitment efforts by developing external marketing campaigns for passive/active candidates.
- Advocate, educate and influence key business stakeholders, hiring managers and interviewers to embrace AskBio’s recruitment strategies, philosophy, systems, and processes.
- Learn AskBio’s mission, vision, values, and the science to serve as a brand ambassador when working with candidates and assist with projects employer branding, community relations, university partnerships and talent programs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 5-7 years of recruitment experience in high-growth companies within the biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences industries.
- Prior experience recruiting business and scientific talent, Director-level and below.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Previous experience implementing or using WorkDay Recruiting, and proficient with Applicant Tracking Systems, LinkedIn Recruiter, Job Boards & Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and prioritize multiple job requisitions simultaneously.
- Successful track record of direct sourcing candidates.
- Continuous improvement mindset with a desire to develop new and improve existing processes.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work cross-functionally and network with external stakeholders.
- Experience in incorporating an organization’s inclusion and diversity strategies into the recruitment lifecycle.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by calling us at (919) 561-6210 or emailing us at email@example.com.