Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner to join the AskBio team and be part of our continued success!
The Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, reporting to the Director, Talent Management, is responsible for the recruitment of the company’s open requisitions while continuously improving recruitment processes to provide an excellent candidate experience to both active and passive candidates. To fill positions and build a talent pipeline, this role will need to maintain strong relationships with key business leaders, hiring managers, external vendors, and candidates. In addition to full-cycle recruitment, the role will also support talent management efforts including employer branding, community relations, university partnerships and an internship program.
- Responsible for driving full-cycle recruitment of approved requisitions in partnership with hiring managers to include drafting/revising job descriptions, posting jobs, leading intake and debrief meetings, reviewing resumes, conducting initial HR interviews, scheduling interviews, preparing offer requests, making verbal offers and negotiating offer details until acceptance is received.
- Assure that job descriptions are updated and current, reflecting position responsibilities and required/preferred education, skills and experience for all positions being recruited.
- Partner effectively with People Operations to complete job leveling and compensation analysis of each position prior to working with the HR Coordinator to create the written offer documentation.
- Build a network of prospective academic and industry candidates for recurring scientific roles using direct sourcing (LinkedIn Recruiter), marketing campaigns, networking, and referrals.
- Encourage employees to be talent magnets and participate in the Employee Referral Program through the sharing job of postings using the approved content and graphics and referring known candidates to HR and the Company.
- Suggest interview strategy improvements and assist with the development of interviewer training materials and competency-based interviewing models focusing on candidate experience.
- Maintain relationships with the company’s preferred external recruitment agencies (retained and contingency), professional associations, community organizations, and university partners.
- Assist with the implementation of an Applicant Tracking System to automate the recruitment process including revising the workflow, creation of candidate notifications, development of reports, launch support and training hiring managers to effectively utilize the system.
- Proactively recruit passive talent.
- Utilize the best in class recruiting tools and processes to get the job done better, faster and with greater efficacy
- Support AskBio’s Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging (ID&B) Strategy by incorporating these concepts and the philosophy within the recruitment lifecycle.
- Analyze and interpret key recruitment metrics, creating dashboard views for CHRO.
- Collaborate with VP, Corporate Communications to increase employer branding in support of recruitment efforts by developing external marketing campaigns for passive/active candidates.
- Advocate, educate and influence key business stakeholders, hiring managers and interviewers to embrace AskBio’s recruitment strategies, philosophy, systems, and processes.
- Learn AskBio’s mission, vision, values, and the science to serve as a brand ambassador when working with candidates and assist with projects employer branding, community relations, university partnerships and talent programs.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 5-7 years of recruitment experience in high-growth companies within the biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences industries.
- Prior experience recruiting business and scientific talent, Director-level and below.
- Demonstrated experience in incorporating an organization’s inclusion and diversity strategies into the recruitment lifecycle.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and prioritize multiple job requisitions simultaneously.
- Successful track record of direct sourcing candidates.
- Proficient with Applicant Tracking Systems, LinkedIn Recruiter, Job Boards & Microsoft Office.
- Strategic thinking and influence in hiring managers at varying levels of the organization.
- Continuous improvement mindset with a desire to develop new and improve existing processes.
- Outstanding networking and communication skills.
- Passion for identifying, engaging, and assessing talent.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.