SVP/VP, Human Resources
We have an opportunity available for an SVP or VP, Human Resources to join our team at AskBio. The title is dependent upon qualifications. This role will develop and execute the human resources strategy in support of our overall business plan and employee experience, including but not limited to talent acquisition, workforce planning, succession planning, total rewards inclusive of health and benefits, employee relations and change management. S/he is also expected to provide insightful and credible leadership to the CEO, senior leadership team, board of directors and other stakeholders.
S/he will furnish leadership direction and solutions that are creative and forward-looking, demonstrating a strong presence across all functions of the HR profession. This leadership role also carries with it personal and corporate responsibility to build and sustain a respectful, stimulating, engaging and fun workplace. Further, and in partnership with senior leadership, this role is responsible for contributing to all aspects of the company’s culture, inclusion and diversity, and organizational effectiveness.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Direct reports: Talent Specialist/HR Generalist
Other key relationships: Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide strategic leadership and pragmatic guidance to the HR function by having accountability for talent acquisition, employee relations, career development, succession planning, retention, leadership development, HR compliance and compensation and benefits
- Optimize HR impact for the business through streamlined processes and use of technology that foster a positive and dynamic employee experience
- Direct talent acquisition for fast-growing business, including counsel on organizational design, job design and workforce planning/ forecasting
- Coach and mentor all levels of talent so they may achieve their full potential and career development
- Advise the CEO and leadership team on organizational plans, company policies and HR-related legal issues
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support Ask Bio’s overall business vision, mission and values, and strategic and operational initiatives
- Use and command of human capital data to further talent attraction, retention and engagement initiatives
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the department
- Manage HR compliance requirements and exposure of the company; serve as primary contact for internal and external counsel and outside government agencies
- Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching
- Strong understanding of HR information systems and experience with 1-2 implementations (example: ATS, payroll, LMS, compensation)
The ideal candidate for this senior-most human resources role at AskBio will possess 15+ years of progressive experience and depth in several functional areas including talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, HRIS, employee relations and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Experience working in research environment and government contracting environment is a plus
- Proven track record of success in positions that require a strong mix of business skills, leadership abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgment in driving organizational effectiveness is required
- Deep experience implementing overall HR best practices, including directing talent management and leading all aspects of culture, diversity, change management and organizational development, employee engagement, training approaches and career pathways
- Thought partner to executive leadership teams
- Expertise linking programs and strategies to organizational goals to deliver high-impact results
- Authentic leader and manager with a collaborative and inclusive approach in assessing individual/organizational challenges, problem solving and developing partnerships
- Thoughtful, energetic and diplomatic change ambassador; an experienced professional in understanding organizational dynamics and guiding individuals and teams through complex and changing environments
- Facilitative style and approachable manager, strong adviser to the CEO and the leadership team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to represent AskBio both internally and externally across a wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional coach and mentor; demonstrated experience in influencing and supporting senior leaders
AskBio is prepared to offer the successful candidate a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with seniority and depth of experience.