AskBio knows that achieving our aspiration to cure genetic diseases will take time, hard work, and dedicated research. We recognize that by working with others we can achieve more. That’s why we support a variety of programs and initiatives to educate healthcare professionals, raise disease awareness, and provide support to nonprofit advocacy organizations in the areas aligned with our current research.
Charitable contribution guidelines
AskBio will review charitable requests from U.S. nonprofit organizations described in Sections 501(c)(3) and 509 (a)(1)(2)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code including:
- Patient advocacy organizations
- Healthcare-related humanitarian organizations
- Healthcare industry associations
- Academic centers engaged in disease and patient education
- Patient, professional, medical, and scientific associations
Requests may seek to support charitable activities such as patient community education or advocacy initiatives and programs intended to increase disease awareness or improvement in patient disease outcomes.
Documents required for charitable contribution consideration
- Letter of Request (LOR) on nonprofit organization’s letterhead (PDF), including program/project title, date(s), location(s), description of the proposed activity, estimated budget and amount of funding requested from AskBio, learning objectives, as well as whether the requestor is seeking co-funding from other companies or entities
- Agenda, if an event or program
- Copy of letter or other designation indicating tax-exempt charitable status
- Current IRS W-9 form (must be signed and dated within the last 12 months)
- Please send application and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered for review only upon submission of all above documentation.