Thank you visiting the website of Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (hereinafter “AskBio”). We created this website so you could learn more about the company and the transformative gene therapy we offer. It is intended for informational purposes only. None of the information contained in this website constitutes either medical advice or a solicitation of any particular prospective patient.
We intend the information on this website to be useful, but we do not guarantee that any of the information contained here is correct, complete or up-to-date. A provider-patient relationship cannot be created by visiting this website. The only way to become our client is by specific and explicit agreement with an individual to serve as a representative from the scope of the work that you would like to do or have done by AskBio.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.askbio.com and applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from your through the website
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Information collection, use and sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily provide via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third-party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your access to and control over information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via email address or phone number provided on our website.
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, patient advocacy or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We collect personal data about you on our sites in the following ways:
Data you choose to provide:
Personal data that you may provide through our site or otherwise share with us includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal and business contact information, such as your first name, last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title and employer name.
- Professional credentials, such as educational and work history, institutional affiliations, and other types of information that would be included on a resume or curriculum vitae;
- Profile information, such as your username and password, industry, interests, and preferences;
- Feedback and correspondence, such information you provide in your response to surveys, when you participate in the market research activities, report a problem with the sites, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Transaction information, such as details about programs, events or other activities you register for through the site,
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Sites and interact with us, and;
- Marketing Information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications.
Information from social networking sites:
Information we get from others:
We may also get information about you from other sources, and we may add this to information we get from our site. We may combine other publicly available information, such as information related to the organization you work for, with the personal data that you provide to us through our site.
Information automatically collected:
We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you visit our site. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing our sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, and access times and information about your use of, and actions, on our sites. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the section below for more details.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
Cookies we use:
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party-cookies, serviced directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our site; and (2) third-party cookies, which are serviced by service providers on our site, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when visiting other websites.
We may use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash Local Shared Objects (LSOs)) on our site to collect and store information about your use of our site. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the website storage settings panel on the Adobe Flash Player website. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at the Adobe Flash Player website and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connections with our site.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear gifs) on our sites to track the actions of users on our sites. Unlike cookies which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the site, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
Information you provide. We may collect your first and last name, email, street address, state, zip code, age, gender, demographic information, preferences, or other information you voluntarily send to us through the site or through communications with us, including when you:
- Create an account
- Register for a service
- Subscribe to a mailing list
- Apply for a job
- Order a product
- Comment on a social media post
- Fill out a hardcopy form
- Contact us for any reason
Information gathered automatically. When you visit the site, we automatically collect information directly or through our third-party analytics providers. That information may include:
- Your IP address
- Your device identifier
- Your internet-service provider’s name
- Browser type and language
- Operating system
- Session identification number
- Search terms, search results
- Online browsing data or “clickstream data” (e.g. date and time of access to the site, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website.)
We (and third parties acting on our behalf) may collect this information directly.